Groups are an amazing way to support teens because they are at a developmental stage where connecting with each other becomes a priority. So, when we as the therapist can create a safe space for teens to come together and truly take off the mask, it becomes a powerful container to catalyze change and really supercharge the healing process.
If you've been curious about therapy groups, or your teen has been in therapy for a long time and you're not seeing the results that you'd like to see, groups may be the solution.
For more information, check out the video below along with the coordinating fliers for each group offered.
If you have a daughter in middle school who is having trouble managing friendships, social media, school, and all that comes with it, then this is the group is for her!
Now more than ever, girls in 6th-8th grade are experiencing overwhelming pressure to fit in and be accepted by their peers, both in real life and on social media. With this pressure comes feelings of low self-worth, anxiety, perfectionism, and depression.
Is your son doing his best just to survive middle school?
Is he forgetting to bring home assignments? Does he turn in homework late? Does he spend more time playing video games than on his responsibilities? Is he withdrawn or anxious?
If this describes your son, then our Middle School Guys Therapy Group is where he needs to be!
Do you want to know what your teenage daughter is doing on her phone for hours and hours a day?
- She is fixating on how many "likes" she is getting versus the "other girls".
- She is desperately trying to post the "perfect selfie" so that others will validate her self-worth.
- She is scrolling through instagram and telling herself that she is "flawed", "less than", "invisible", and "undeserving".
- She is secretly wondering if she should compromise her values in order to "be noticed", "feel special", and "be LIKED".
- She is judging, criticizing, doubting, and devaluing everything that makes her..."HER".
- Does this hit too close to home? If it does, then I'm here to tell you that you are not alone. Our teenage daughters are under incredible pressure to "be LIKED".
Is your teenage son doing his best just to survive right now?
-Is he forgetting to bring home assignments?
-Does he forget to turn in homework?
-Does he spend more time playing video games than anything else?
-Is he moody, angry, or withdrawn?
If so, our High School Guys Therapy Group might be just what he needs.